Health Insurance Policy and Information
All enrolled graduate students, with the exception of off campus students, must have health insurance.
- Unsupported students must have the unsupported graduate plan or comparable coverage during any terms in which they are enrolled. They may opt to purchase a 12-month plan.
- Supported students must have the supported graduate plan or comparable coverage through the end of the policy year (generally mid-August). Supported students may not opt to purchase a partial year of insurance.
- Michigan Tech Student Insurance Office—The Student Insurance office has links to the most current forms and policies. Please visit their page to find this information.
- Before students may pay their tuition bill and/or confirm enrollment, they must meet the insurance requirement. A hold will be placed on a student's account if the requirement has not been met.
- Students must make insurance payments on-line through MyMichiganTech. The Cashier's Office does not accept student insurance payments.
- Questions?—Contact the Student Insurance office