Distributing a Thesis or Dissertation
Current ProcedureFor students completing their degrees after September 1, 2015, the Library will archive a PDF of the submitted document with access permissions indicated on the Approval of a dissertation, thesis, or report form. Students who would like to purchase a bound copy of their document may utilize the services offered by:
- ProQuest (can be ordered at time of submission)
- Thesis on Demand (online)
- Book Concern Printers (Hancock)
- soft cover, saddle stitch and spiral bound in-house, can send out for hard bound covers
- The Print Shop (Houghton)
- perfect and coil binding
- Any binding service of your choice
For defenses scheduled prior to January 10, 2011, the Library retains two copies of theses or dissertations. One copy, with the original signature page, is filed in the Library Archives. The second copy is placed in the circulating collection.
For defenses scheduled on or after January 10, 2011, the Library retains one copy, with the original signature page. This copy is filed in the archives. Beginning in fall 2012, only dissertations will have paper copies archived in the Library.