Forms and Requirements for Master's of Engineering (MEng)
Forms designated with a "X" are required and due in the Graduate School at the time indicated in the form description.
See Master of Engineering for additional degree requirements.
The forms don't work. What should I do?
All Graduate School forms may be completed in newer versions of Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader (v9 or higher). If you are experiencing problems try:
- Switching to a different browser. Currently, Internet Explorer is recommended.
- There are known incompatibility issues with Firefox v19, Chrome, Preview (the PDF reader on a macintosh) and Linux machines.
- Students who click on a form link and receive the message, "Please wait.... If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of your document..." have an incompatible browser or plug-in.
- Saving the file to your hard drive and open with the newest version of Acrobat Reader rather than clicking on the link and opening in your browser.
- Right-click or option-click the hyperlink
- Save the form on your hard drive.
- Open the file directly from Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader.
- Reconfiguring your browser to open PDF files using a compatible plug-in. Firefox users may reconfigure their browsers using the instructions below:
- Select Tools...Options from the menu bar
- Select the "Applications" tab in the pop up window
- Search for and select "Portable Document Format (PDF)" in the Content Type list
- Select "Use Adobe Acrobat (in Firefox)" as the Action
- Press "OK"
TDR-Review is provided as a sample for your information and does not allow data entry, since the Graduate School completes and returns this form for you.
|Official, final transcript from previous college, if it is not Michigan Tech. If this does not include proof-of-degree, then an official proof of final degree is also required.|
Before arrival on campus/First semester
|Responsible Conduct for Research Training|
|Patent, Research and Proprietary Rights Agreement|
|Advisor and Committee Recommendation Form|
|Advanced Responsible Conduct for Research Training|
Second or third academic semester (summers are not counted)
Required for all students who begin a degree in spring 2013 or later
Required for externally funded students who began before spring 2013
|Dependant on start date and funding|
|Final Degree Schedule|
Semester before degree will be completed
|Verification of Final Degree Requirements|
Semester in which all degree requirements are completed
|Commencement Application Form|
Ten weeks prior to desired commencement ceremony if student wishes to participates in commencement (see "Deadlines")
|Degree Completion Form|
See Deadlines for due dates in upcoming semesters
After degree requirements are complete. See Deadlines for due dates in upcoming semesters
|Return University keys to Public Safety, return all library books, and pay any outstanding fees before leaving campus.|