Policies and Regulations
Sign in at the Pro Shop and check in with starter before teeing off.
USGA rules govern all play in addition to the following:
- O.B. is designated by white stakes - holes #1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 13, 15, 18.
- Water hazards are designated by yellow stakes.
- Lateral hazards are designated by red stakes.
- Ball may be dropped one club length from all cart paths - no nearer hole.
General Rules of Conduct:
- Please observe proper golf etiquette.
- Shirts are to worn at all times.
- Every player MUST have their own set of clubs.
- Repair and replace all ball marks and divots.
- Rake bunkers.
- Return lost clubs to the Pro Shop.
- No bikes, strollers, or any unauthorized motorized vehicles permitted.
- All faster players to play through.
- Four golfers per group MAX.
- Players are encouraged to play 18 holes in 4 1/2 hours or less.
Golf Cart Rules:
- Two people per cart is the limit for personals and rentals.
- No one under 18 years of age is permitted to drive a cart, even with adult supervision. A driver's license may be required to rent a cart.
- NO standing or sitting on the back end of golf carts, personal or rental.
- Two golf bags per cart is the limit.
- FOLLOW the cart signs, STAY ON THE PATHS, and keep carts AWAY from tee boxes and greens.
- Violators will be warned and may have cart privileges revoked if they repeat after being warned.
Driving Range Rules:
- The driving range closes at dusk every night - no exceptions.
- No walking out onto the range to pick up extra balls; this will be enforced and penalties may be applied.
- Portage Lake's "Par and Grill" has a liquor license. This means that carry-on's are no longer permitted on the course. There will be no exceptions made.
- If someone is caught with liquor/beer from an off-campus source, their beverages will be confiscated.
- The second offense will result in the loss of all golf privileges.
- It is against the law and Portage Lake could lose its license if the rules aren't adhered to.