85 Things: #HuskyBucketList
Go to class, study, take tests, and get your diploma: the goals of every college student. But what sets the Michigan Tech experience apart from every other university? Embark on the #HuskyBucketList to find out!
We’ve put together a list of 85 absolutely-got-to-do things every Husky should check off before leaving campus. They’re the things you’ll remember most fondly about your time in the Copper Country—the 85 quintessential things that Michigan Tech tradition is based on.
Our Husky Bucket List gives you plenty to accomplish, from showing your Husky pride at sporting events to exploring the great outdoors. Here’s a preview of the adventures you can check out:
- High five Blizzard
- Attend K-Day at McLain State Park
- Play Broomball
- Learn the words to the fight song, aka "Fight Tech Fight"
- Walk in the Parade of Nations
- Help build a statue for Winter Carnival
- Have your picture taken with the Husky statue on campus
- Take a sauna
- Watch or volunteer at the Copper Dog 150
- Take a picture of the bridge
- Take the plunge or watch the Polar Bear Dive during Heikinpäivä
- Visit the top of Brockway Mountain
- Try a thimbleberry or something made with thimbleberries
- Try a pickled egg
- Eat a pasty
- Eat at one of the residence halls
- Buy a beverage at the Library Café, Aftermath Café, or Coaches Corner
The Great UP Outdoors
- Ski or hike Mont Ripley
- Run, bike, or walk the Tech Trails
- Put your toes in at Prince’s Point
- View the northern lights at the Breakers
- Go smelting or fishing
- Print out the list, read it, and begin planning your attack. Depending on your strategy, you might be able to complete the list in a short period of time, or it could take several years (or decades!) to complete.
- When you’ve completed one of the items, put the date you completed it on the line.
- Keep your list safe. If you lose it, just print out another one.
- Get your friends to do the bucket list with you.
- Have fun!
There are some activities that require you to visit places that serve alcohol. If you decide to indulge in any alcoholic beverages while completing a task, please do so responsibly and legally. We want to see you graduate.
Please complete all activities in a safe and legal manner. Michigan Tech is not responsible for the actions of the people who undertake any of the items.