Muhammad Azeem Raza
- Dow 606
Instructor, Mining Engineering
- PhD Candidate, Mining Engg., Missouri S&T
- MS, Mining Engg., UET, Lahore
- MS, Computer Sci., UET, Lahore
- BS, Mining Engg., UET, Lahore
My teaching philosophy is based on creating an environment where not some but everybody learns. I place greater emphasis on students’ problem solving skills and learning applied theories and tools.
My research interest involves stress and failure modeling and life-expectancy studies of heavy mining equipment e.g. cable shovels, through simulation studies. My other research interest involves mine layout design and planning, ore body modeling and reserve estimation, mine process optimization, and material handling in mines.
I have served as a lecturer and an assistant professor in Pakistan, and as an instructor at Missouri S&T.
- Surface Mining Methods & Design
- Surface Mining Equipment
- Underground Mining Methods and Equipment
- Ore body modeling and Reserve Estimation
- Stress and Failure Modeling of Heavy Mining Equipment
- Fatigue Failure and Life Expectancy Modeling of Heaving Mining Equipment
- Mine Layout Design & Planning
- Process Optimization in Mining
- Mine Reserve Estimation
- Material Handling in Mines