University purchasing cards may be used for newspaper or other printed advertising. According to University policy, advertising must follow the guidelines listed below.
- Advertising for employment must follow the procedures described in the faculty hiring process and staff hiring process on the Institutional Equity website.
- Display ads must contain the official Michigan Tech logo.
- All ads must contain the following Equal Employment Opportunity statement:
- Michigan Technological University is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Equal Opportunity Employer, which includes providing equal opportunity for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- The Executive Order 11246 on Nondiscrimination Under Federal Contracts mandates that all solicitations from the institution include language regarding full consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Also, Federal Section 504 and the American With Disabilities Act (ADA) guarantee access to public programs without regard to handicaps or disabilities. By using our EEO statement, you have complied with both requirements. Noncompliance with these federal laws could result in loss of government contracting to the University, in whole or in part, plus other sanctions.