PhD position in computational methods and tools, and analyses of gene expression data
A Ph.D. position is available in Dr. Hairong Wei's lab. The position is located in the Computer Science and Engineering Program at Michigan Technological University (http://www.mtu.edu/gradschool/programs/degrees/computational/). The PhD student will be involved in the development of computational methods and tools, and analyses of gene expression data. He/she will also be responsible for the maintenance of web tools we've developed (http://sys.bio.mtu.edu). Funding for this position is available for two years, and continuous financial support is dependent on performance and availability of research funds.
Some eligibility and qualifications:
- The candidate must be motivated to be successful.
- Strong computational background with competences in programming is anticipated (Perl, R, and PHP are preferred but not required).
- Familiar with working on UNIX/Linux platforms is preferred.
- Experience in scientific research/programming is a plus.
- Knowledge in biology is a plus, but not required.
If interested, please send your CV to Dr. Wei at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please call Dr. Wei at (906) 487-1473.
Michigan Tech is an equal opportunity educational institution/equal opportunity employer