- Design, engineer, do cost estimates, and are responsible for construction of all new and remodeling projects on campus
- Write building project programs
- Prepare the capital outlay budget
- Manage design contracts with architects and engineers, and coordinate design with facility users
- Work with the campus community on facility concerns and improvements
- Manage construction contracts with all building contractors and construction managers
Capital Outlay Documents
Each year the University submits a five-year capital outlay plan to the State of Michigan. In conjunction, the University may choose to submit a capital outlay project request, asking the state to participate in funding.
- FY2018 Five-Year Capital Outlay Plan
- FY2018 Capital Outlay Project Request
- FY2017 Five-Year Capital Outlay Plan
- FY2017 Capital Outlay Project Request
- FY2016 Five-Year Capital Outlay Plan
- FY2016 Capital Outlay Project Request
- FY2015 Five-Year Capital Outlay Plan
- FY2014 Five-Year Capital Outlay Plan
- FY2013 Five-Year Capital Outlay Plan
Use and Finance Reports
Bi-annual use and finance reports include all self-funded construction projects, including land or property acquisitions, remodeling and additions, maintenance projects, roads, landscaping, equipment, telecommunications, utilities, and parking lots and structures costing more than $1 million, as well as projects previously reported whose project cost has changed.
Campus Master Planning Reports
When our on-campus customers contact us to build a project, their focus, understandably, is on that project. Our focus is broad. We try to see each building project within the context of overall campus development.
Our campus plan, adopted in 1966, was supplemented in 1993, 1999, and 2006. We use it, and other sound planning principles, to create facilities that fulfill immediate needs, fit the aesthetic and historical context of our campus, have a useful life for decades, and serve future users whose needs have not yet been articulated.