Transportation Services strives to create consistent and clear vehicle regulations in order to make parking simple and convenient for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff through the use of the following principles:
- All individuals who are associated with the university must have a valid MTU parking permit to park on any university owned or leased property.
- Any vendors, service providers and visitors must also have a permit to identify their permission to park on university property.
- Enforcement of parking regulations shall be fair and consistent. Effective enforcement will insure legal parkers have the ability to park in the designated spaces.
- Transportation services shall maintain a fair and impartial appeals process to mitigate violation fees for truly exceptional or extraordinary circumstances.
- A fee will be imposed on all users of university parking facilities. The proceeds of this fee will be used as directed by university management for the purpose of offsetting all of the costs of parking, maintaining parking, and public safety services on campus.