Renting University Vehicles
Students may be assigned a University vehicle when they meet all the requirements set by the Student Activities and Facilities Management offices. Follow these steps.
- Go to the Student Activities office
- Memorial Union Building, room 106
- Contact: Maryann Wilcox, coordinator of Student Activities
- Fill out the Vehicle Request Form and the Account Use Form
- Get required signature approvals and an account number from the Student Activities office staff. (Note: The vehicle rental fees will be charged back to your USG allocation. Arrangements can also be made to pre-pay the fees.)
- Read and meet the requirements set by University Fleet Services policies and procedures. For example, you must
- Be 18 years old
- Possess a valid driver's license recognized by Michigan law
- Have no more than a total combination of five current points in the Michigan (or any other) point system, with no single infraction totaling more than three points
- Use the vehicle for purposes that are considered an advantage to the University,
- Take the van certification course, if you will be renting a van.
- Make your vehicle reservation online.