Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
ADA at Michigan Tech
Michigan Technological University is committed to the full inclusion of individuals with disabilities and to the continuous improvement of the accessibility of our campus, programs, and activities. The ADA committee supports the University's efforts to move beyond compliance and toward seamless access.
If you receive a request for an accommodation, need a reasonable accommodation, or have questions, contact a member of the ADA Committee.
|Jill Hodges, Chair||487-3310|
An individual with a disability is an individual who:
- has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activity.
- has a record of such impairment.
- is regarded as having such impairments.
A disabled Veteran is an individual who:
- is a veteran of the US military, ground, naval, or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs, or
- is a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.