Michigan Tech's Diversity Council was formed at the request of President Mroz.
Charge for Diversity Council - January 12, 2016:
- In collaboration with responsible units, develop hiring and enrollment goals for campus wide diversity which incorporate faculty, staff and students.
- In collaboration with responsible units, develop a plan for monitoring and reporting on the progress of various diversity-related initiatives that are intended to meet Strategic Plan goals.
- In collaboration with responsible units, develop a plan to collect information on diversity related initiatives and publish an annual report.
- Provide information on a regular basis to President and Provost.
- Publish information on a regular basis to campus community.
- Make recommendations for increasing impact (e.g., training, best practices, resource allocation, criteria and priorities for funding).
- In collaboration with responsible units, develop a plan to identify best practices.
Diversity Council Members
|Brent Burns||Corporate Partnerships|
|Jimmie Cannon||Undergraduate Student|
|Kathy Flagstadt||Department of Health & Human Services, Michigan Rehabilitation Services|
|Ida Fonkoue||Graduate Student|
|Abbi Halkola||Human Resources|
|Helen Halt||International Programs and Services|
|Jill Hodges, Council Co-Chair||Institutional Equity and Inclusion|
|Stefan Huppert||Graduate Student|
|Dana Johnson||School of Business and Economics|
|Gerald Jondreau||School of Forest Resources and Environmental Science|
|Divya Kamath||Graduate Student|
|Jean Kampe||Materials Science and Engineering|
|Ann Kitalong-Will||Business Operations|
|Bethany Klemetsrud||Graduate Student|
|John Lehman||Enrollment and University Relations|
|Logan McMillan||Undergraduate Student|
|Lorelle Meadows||Pavlis Honors College|
|Michael Meyer||Center for Teaching and Learning|
|Allison Mills||University Marketing and Communications|
|Adrienne Minerick||College of Engineering|
|Brigette Morin||Biological Sciences|
|Faith Morrison||Chemical Engineering|
|Christopher Plummer||Visual and Performing Arts|
|Kellie Raffaelli, Council Co-Chair||Center for Diversity and Inclusion|
|Elizabeth Reed||Mathematical Sciences|
|Brenda Rudiger||Alumni Relations|
|Terry Sharik||School of Forest Resources and Environmental Science|
|Susan Sullivan||Institutional Equity and Inclusion|
Department Diversity Goals
The Diversity Council has been charged with several diversity related goals set by President Mroz. One of these goals is to develop a plan for monitoring and reporting on the progress of various diversity-related initiatives that are intended to meet Strategic Plan goals. To fulfill this goal we have created the Diversity Liaison program.
The purpose of the Diversity Liaison program is to share information regarding diversity initiatives and/or goals to and from the area represented. Each semester the liaison will report their areas diversity goals, initiatives, and progress to the appropriate Diversity Council sub-committee. This webpage will be updated with the information provided from each area and the page will be highlighted in regular Tech Today articles. Sharing best practices across campus will enhance our diversity initiatives.
- Business Operations
- Human Resources
Student Affairs and Advancement
- Advancement and Alumni Engagement
- Athletics and Recreation
- Dean of Students Area
- Enrollment, Marketing, and Communications
- Information Technology
- Pavlis Honors College
- School of Business and Economics
- School of Forest Resources and Environmental Sciences
- School of Technology
- Van Pelt & Opie Library
College of Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Engineering Fundamentals
- Geological and Mining Engineering and Sciences
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering - Engineering Mechanics