- MEEM 821
Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering–Engineering Mechanics
Faculty Advisor, BoardSport Technologies Enterprise
Solid Mechanics (SM) Area Director and Faculty Advisor, SEM
- PhD, Iowa State University
Links of Interest
Areas of Expertise
- Engineering Mechanics
- Experimental Stress Analysis
- Composite Materials
- Use of severe plastic deformation to alter properties of materials
- Failure studies of random fiber composites with applications to structural problems
- Failure of sandwich panels with applications to structural problems
- Nanoscale properties of interphase in polymer matrix composites
- Photomechanics integrated with digital image processing for thermomechanical stress analysis
- Zaimova, Diana, Bayraktar, Emin, Miskioglu, Ibrahim, Katundi, Dhurata, Hamouche, Zhoua, 2014, “Manufacturing and Damage Analysis of Filler Reinforced Epoxy-based Composites,” International Journal of Materials and Product Technology, Vol. 48(1/2/3/4), pp. 47-65, DOI:10.1504/IJMPT.2014.059033.
- King, Julia A., Klimek, Danielle R., Miskioglu, Ibrahim, Odegard, Gregory M., published online Feb 2014, “Mechanical Properties of Graphene Nanoplatelet/Epoxy Composites,” Journal of Composite Materials, DOI:10.1177/0021998314522674.
- Zaimova, Diana, Bayraktar, Emin, Miskioglu, Ibrahim, Katundi, Dhurata, Dishovsky, Nikolay, 2014, “New Design of Composite Materials Based on Scrap Rubber Matrix Reinforced with Epoxy and SiC,” Advanced Materials Research, Vol. 939, pp. 114-121, DOI:10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.939.114.
- Zaimova, Diana, Bayraktar, Emin, Tan, Ming Jen, Miskioglu, Ibrahim, 2014, “Processing of Epoxy-Nickel Matrix Composites Reinforced with Aluminum and Waste Elastomers,” Advanced Materials Research, Vol. 939, pp.98-105, DOI:10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.939.98.
- Zaimova, Diana, Bayraktar, Emin, Miskioglu, Ibrahim, Dishovsky, Nikolay, 2014, “Wear Resistance of Elastomeric based Composites by Continuous Multi-Cycle Indentation used in Manufacturing Engineering,” Advanced Materials Research, Vol. 939, pp. 106-113, DOI: 10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.939.106.
- King, Julia A., Klimek, Danielle R., Miskioglu, Ibrahim, Odegard, Gregory M., 2013, “Mechanical Properties of Graphene Nanoplatelet/Epoxy Composites,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Vol. 128(6), pp.4217-4223, DOI: 10.1002/app.38645.
- Hackney, Stephen A., Bradley, John R., Wood, Thomas D., and Miskioglu, Ibrahim, 2013, "Microstructure Correlation in High-strength Steels with Continuous Stiffness Mode Nanoindentation Results: High-resolution vs. Low-resolution Nanoindentation," Journal of Mechanical Behavior of Materials, Vol. 21, No. 5-6, pp. 169-174. Read More
- Daniel Hoffman, Ibrahim Miskioglu, Katerina E. Aifantis, Jaroslaw Drelich, "Measuring the Surface and Bulk Modulus of Polished Polymers with AFM and Nanoindentation," Journal of Adhesion Science and Technology, Vol. 26, No. 8-9, pp. 1201-1220, 2012-07-24 Read More