What to Expect
Meeting the Highest Standards within an Environment Tailored to Your Success
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering is dedicated to helping its students succeed. ECE provides the environment, mentorship, and tools necessary for you to excel in your program of study, but the rest is up to you. Some of the things you can expect as a graduate student in the department include
- Smaller class sizes.
- Everyone is an "A" student. Expectations are high, but you also have the opportunity to collaborate with other exceptional students.
- Be proactive in your education. Anticipate what needs to be done, and ask questions during lectures.
- Projects and problems will be open-ended, with larger scopes and longer deadlines.
- Concept-based approaches, abstract thinking, and innovation are expected and rewarded.
- Expand your communication skills through exceptional speaking and writing.
- Research will be conceptually sound, will use the scientific method, and will potentially make an advance on the existing state of the art.