Assistant Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- PhD, Electrical Engineering, University College Dublin
- MSc, Electrical Engineering, Iowa State University
- BSc, Electrical Engineering, Iowa State University
Chee-Wooi Ten was born in Alor Setar, Malaysia. He received a BS and an MS in Electrical Engineering from Iowa State University, in Ames, in 1999 and 2001, respectively. Prior to completing his master's degree, he had a summer internship with MidAmerican in Des Moines, working as an energy management system (EMS) analyst. Ten was an application engineer with Siemens Energy Management and Information System (SEMIS) in Singapore from 2002 to 2006. He received a PhD in 2009 from University College Dublin (UCD), National University of Ireland. His primary research interests are (1) cybersecurity of power-system infrastructure and alternative-energy resource management and (2) software prototype and power-automation applications on SCADA systems. He has been with Michigan Tech as an assistant professor since 2009.
Links of Interest
Areas of Interest
- Power Infrastructure Cybersecurity
- Future Control Center Framework
- SCADA/EMS/DMS Applications
- Power Systems Engineering
- Building Management System
- Energy Auditing
- Chee-Wooi Ten, Junho Hong, and Chen-Ching Liu, "Anomaly Detection for Cybersecurity of the Substations," IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid,, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 865-873, Dec. 2011.
- Chee-Wooi Ten, Manimaran Govindarasu, and Chen-Ching Liu, "Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructures: Attack and Defense Modeling," IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 853-865, Jul. 2010.
- Chee-Wooi Ten, Chen-Ching Liu, and Manimaran Govindarasu, "Vulnerability Assessment of Cybersecurity for SCADA Systems," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 1836-1846, Nov. 2008.
- Chee-Wooi Ten, Erich Wuergler, Hans-Joachim Diehl, and Hoay Beng Gooi, \Extraction of Geospatial Topology and Graphics for Distribution Automation Framework," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 1776-1782, Nov. 2008.
- Xia Yang, Myeon-Song Choi, Seung-Jae Lee, Chee-Wooi Ten, and Seong-Il Lim, "Fault Location for Underground Power Cable Using Distributed Parameter Approach," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 1809-1816, Nov. 2008.
- Ming Ni, James D. McCalley, Vijay Vittal, Scott Greene, Chee-Wooi Ten, Vijaya Sudhakar Ganugula, and Tayyib Tayyib, \Software Implementation of On-Line Risk-Based Security Assessment," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 1165-1172, Aug. 2003.
- Weaver, Wayne W (Principal), Mork, Bruce (Co-Principal), Ten, Chee-Wooi (Co-Principal), Worm, Jeremy J. (Co-Principal), Naber, Jeffrey Donald (Co-Principal), "Development of Smart-Grid and Micro-Grid Test Bed for Campus-Wide Advanced Energy Research at Michigan Technological University," Sponsored by National Science Foundation. Project Dates: June 1, 2010 - May 31, 2013. Date Submitted: August 10, 2009. (Pending).