- MEEM 802
Dave House Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering
- PhD, Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering, University of California-Davis
Dr. Chen is the Dave House Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering in the Department of Mechanical Engineering – Engineering Mechanics and Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Michigan Technological University. She received her Ph.D. degree from the University of California, Davis, in 2005. Dr. Chen conducts interdisciplinary researches in the areas of mechatronics and embedded systems, agent technology, modeling and control of hybrid electric vehicles, cyber-physical systems, and automation. Her research projects are funded by National Science Foundation, Department of Energy, and industrial partners. Dr. Chen has authored or co-authored over 70 peer-reviewed journal and conference papers. She received the Best Paper Award at 2008 IEEE/ASME International Conference on Mechatronic and Embedded Systems and Applications.
Dr. Chen is currently serving as the Chair of the Technical Committee on Mechatronics and Embedded Systems of IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Society and the Chair of the Technical Committee on Mechatronic and Embedded Systems and Applications of ASME Design Engineering Division. She is an Associate Editor of the IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems. Dr. Chen has served as Program Chair, Symposium Chair, and Session Chair for a number of international conferences. She was the General Chair of 2013 ASME/IEEE International Conference on Mechatronic and Embedded Systems and Applications.
Links of Interest
Areas of Expertise
- Mechatronics and embedded systems
- Agent Technology
- Monitoring and control networks
- Hybrid electric vehicles
- Smart grid
- Modeling and control of hybrid electric vehicles
- EV-smart grid integration
- Distributed monitoring and control
- Battery control for HEV and energy storage systems
- IC engine management systems
- Sensor information fusion
- Yang Li, Pushkar Agashe, Zicheng Ge, and Bo Chen, "Rapid Prototyping Energy Management System for a Single Shaft Parallel Hybrid Electric Vehicle Using Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulation," SAE International Journal of Alternative Powertrains, vol. 2, no, 2, pp. 241-251, July 2013.
- Lei Feng, Wenjia Liu, and Bo Chen, "Driving Pattern Recognition for Adaptive Hybrid Vehicle Control," SAE International Journal of Alternative Powertrains, vol. 1, no, 1, pp. 169-179, June 2012.
- Bo Chen, Wenjia Liu, "A High Computational Power Wireless Sensor Network for Distributed Structural Health Monitoring," International Journal of Sensor Networks, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp.137-147, 2012-00-00
- Bo Chen, Wenjia Liu, "A Web-Based Structural Health Monitoring Sensor Network," International Journal of Computer Applications in Technology, Vol. 44, No. 3, pp. 188-197, 2012-00-00
- Bo Chen, Cheng Chen, Shuang Li Shuang, Ding Wen, "Agent Recommendation for Agent-Based Urban-Transportation Systems," IEEE Intelligent Systems, Vol. 26, No. 6, pp. 77-81, 2011-11-00
- Bo Chen, Chuanzhi Zang, "Emergent Damage Pattern Recognition using Immune Network Theory," Smart Structures and Systems, Vol. 8, No. 1 pp. 69-92, 2011-00-00
- Bo Chen and Chuanzhi Zang, "A Hybrid Immune Model for Unsupervised Structural Damage Pattern Recognition," Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 1650-1658, 2011.
- Wenjia Liu and Bo Chen, "Optimal Control of Mobile Monitoring Agents in Immune-Inspired Wireless Monitoring Networks," Journal of Network and Computer Applications, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 1818-1826, 2011.