Dr. John Auzins holds a 1959 vintage BSEE from Michigan Tech and a 1963 MS/Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from Purdue University. In 1959, John started his career with Lear Siegler in Grand Rapids and in 1960 he joined PR Mallory Co. in Indianapolis. In 1963, he started his 34 year career with General Motors at Delco Electronics (DE) working on thin film integrated circuits. He led the establishment of monolithic integrated circuits at DE in the early 1960s and the development and implementation of hybrid modules for automobiles such as regulators and ignitions. His last seven years at DE were spent in Advanced Development/Systems Integration where he was responsible for research funding. Since retirement from General Motors, John has been consulting through his company JXA, LLC.
From 2000 Induction to the Department of Electrical Engineering Academy