The Michigan Technological University Career Exploration for Future Faculty (FF) Program provides an opportunity for academic departments to invite underrepresented minority (primarily Hispanic/Latino, American Indian/Alaskan Native, and African American) Post-Doctoral students, interested in an academic career, for an all-expenses paid visit to our campus. While on campus the Post Doc should:
1) Present a seminar/s on his/her research
2) Meet with faculty who are working in the same area
3) Teach a class in his/her area
4) Tour the campus, research centers, and local community
5) Discuss the process used to identify and select future faculty for positions that are or may become available at Michigan Tech with faculty, chairs and deans.