Charge for Diversity Council - January 12, 2016:
- In collaboration with responsible units, develop hiring and enrollment goals for campus-wide diversity, which incorporate faculty, staff, and students.
- In collaboration with responsible units, develop a plan for monitoring and reporting on the progress of various diversity-related initiatives intended to meet Strategic Plan goals.
- In collaboration with responsible units, develop a plan to collect information on
diversity-related initiatives and publish an annual report.
- Provide information on a regular basis to President and Provost.
- Publish information on a regular basis to campus community.
- Make recommendations for increasing impact (e.g., training, best practices, resource allocation, criteria, and priorities for funding).
- In collaboration with responsible units, develop a plan to identify best practices.
Diversity Council Members
|Brenda Anttila||Institutional Equity|
|Jamie Berger||Graduate Student|
|Brent Burns||Corporate Partnerships|
|Jimmie Cannon||Undergraduate Student|
|Lisa Cunard||Civil and Environmental Engineering|
|Abbi Halkola||Human Resources|
|Helen Halt||International Programs and Services|
|Gerald Jondreau||School of Forest Resources and Environmental Science|
|Ann Kitalong-Will||Business Operations|
|John Lehman||Enrollment and University Relations|
|Logan McMillan||Undergraduate Student|
|Lorelle Meadows, Council Co-Chair||Pavlis Honors College|
|Michael Meyer||Center for Teaching and Learning|
|Allison Mills||University Marketing and Communications|
|Adrienne Minerick||College of Engineering|
|Brigitte Morin||Biological Sciences|
|Faith Morrison||Chemical Engineering|
|Amlan Mukherjee||Civil and Environmental Engineering|
|Christopher Plummer||Visual and Performing Arts|
|Kellie Raffaelli, Council Co-Chair||Center for Diversity and Inclusion|
|Brenda Rudiger||Alumni Relations|
|Terry Sharik||School of Forest Resources and Environmental Science|
|Susan Sullivan||Institutional Equity|
|Hossein Tavakoli||Graduate Student|
Department Diversity Goals
The Diversity Council has been charged with several diversity related goals set by President Mroz. One of these goals is to develop a plan for monitoring and reporting on the progress of various diversity-related initiatives that are intended to meet Strategic Plan goals. To fulfill this goal we have created the Diversity Liaison program.
The purpose of the Diversity Liaison program is to share information regarding diversity initiatives and/or goals to and from the area represented. Each semester the liaison will report their areas' diversity goals, initiatives, and progress to the appropriate Diversity Council sub-committee. This webpage will be updated with the information provided from each area and the page will be highlighted in regular Tech Today articles. Sharing best practices across campus will enhance our diversity initiatives.
Student Affairs and Advancement
- Advancement and Alumni Engagement
- Athletics and Recreation
- Dean of Students Area
- Enrollment, Marketing, and Communications
- Information Technology
- Pavlis Honors College
- School of Business and Economics
- School of Forest Resources and Environmental Sciences
- School of Technology
- Van Pelt & Opie Library
College of Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Engineering Fundamentals
- Geological and Mining Engineering and Sciences
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering - Engineering Mechanics
College of Sciences and Arts
What the Diversity Council is Reading
- When Your College Has Your Back
- Diversity and Inclusion - Put It in the Syllabus!
- Social Mobility, Return on Investment More Important than Arbitrary Rankings
- Supporting Students' College Success: https://www.nap.edu/download/24697
- 10 things every white teacher should know when talking about race
- Language of Appeasement
- "Without inclusion, diversity initiatives may not be enough"