Health and Wellness
Michigan Tech University offers a large range of Student Health Services that can be found HERE.
In addition, the Center for Diversity and Inclusion (CDI) offers a Health and Wellness Resource Center, located at the bottom of the stairs in the basement of the Hamar House (Building 13).
The Health and Wellness Resource Center provides information on the following topics:
- Monthly self-conducted breast exams
- Eating disorders
- Violence against women
- Sexual assault and date rape drugs
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Sexual orientation and gender identity
- Safer sex information and resources (including free condoms and dental dams)
- Community-specific health concerns (including information for women, students of color, and LGBTQIA+ students)
In addition, CDI provides a lactation room at the top of the stairs on the second floor to provide a private space for nursing mothers, as well as free pregnancy tests.
For more information on pregnancy and parenting please read the Pregnancy Resources Booklet.