Safe Place Program
The Safe Place program is a network of faculty and staff allies who serve as resources for individuals with questions or concerns related to gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer, or questioning (GLBTQ) issues. Safe Place allies display the program logo outside their office doors, which lets students know that faculty or staff member is trained to assist them.
Allies play an important role on campus and within the context of the Safe Place Program. Safe Place allies:
- provide a safe and accepting environment,
- listen (but don’t counsel),
- help students form support networks,
- answer questions about GLBTQ resources on campus and in the local community, and
- assist students who need to report harassment.
For a list of current allies and their office locations, or to register for Safe Place training, visit the Safe Place website.