Safe Place Program
The Safe Place program is a network of faculty, staff, student, and community member allies who serve as resources for individuals with questions or concerns related to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, intersex, and asexual (LGBTQIA*) identities. Safe Place allies display the program logo, which lets students know that they are committed to fostering a safe and supportive environment for LGBTQIA* students, faculty, and staff at Michigan Technological University.
Allies play an important role on campus and within the context of the Safe Place Program. Safe Place allies:
- provide a safe and accepting environment,
- listen (but don’t counsel),
- help students form support networks,
- answer questions about LGBTQIA* resources on campus and in the local community, and
- assist students who need to report harassment.
For a list of current allies and their office locations, or to register for Safe Place training, visit the Safe Place website.