Coordinated by the Center for Diversity and Inclusion (CDI), Women's Outreach at Michigan Technological University works to create an environment that encourages the academic, professional, and leadership development of enrolled undergraduate and graduate women. By providing a space for female students to build community, engage in dialogue, and collaborate on programs, Women's Outreach aims to raise awareness about the issues facing women, to celebrate their achievements, and to increase their retention and success.
The staff at CDI provides information, resources, and services for women and supports the initiatives of women's student organizations on campus.
Women in STEM
It is very clear that the representation of women in STEM fields is much lower than that of men. These links may be of interest to you.
- STEMinist—Stay on top of news, views, trends, and research about women in STEM through profiles, articles, networking opportunities, and plenty more media.
- The American Association of University Women (AAUW)—Nation’s leading voice promoting equity and education for women and girls.
- Women in STEM Knowledge Center—Resources and communities for transforming culture in STEM.
- Women in Science and Engineering—12 Must-Read Bloggers.
- Women in Math Project—This site provides comprehensive resources and information for and about women in math.
- Women in Computer Science—Schools with the highest women computer science graduates, young women in CS, scholarships for women in STEM, career and support resources.
Leadership and Professional Development
- Young Women Leaders Program (YWLP)
- CDI Student Leaders Retreat
- CDI Corporate Connections
- LeaderShape (coordinated by Student Activities)
- HuskyLEAD (coordinated by Student Activities)
- Career Fair (coordinated by Career Services)
- Institutional Organizations and Initiatives
- How to Fight Your Own Implicit Biases
Women's Health and Safety
Women's programming at Michigan Tech is coordinated by student members of the Women’s Programming Committee, Society of Women Engineers, and the Society of Intellectual Sisters. Some women’s programming events include:
- Women's History Month (coordinated by the Women's Programming Committee)
- Evening with Industry (coordinated by the Society of Women Engineers)
- Bra Show (coordinated by the Society of Intellectual Sisters)