The Center for Diversity and Inclusion (CDI) staff work to prepare and empower socially conscious leaders who will create the future. The staff actively encourages the intellectual, social, and professional growth of African American, Hispanic/Latino, and Native American students by providing a wide range of support services, including:
- workshops and events,
- community building and peer support,
- personal development,
- academic support (outreach, referrals for on-campus resources),
- career/professional assistance (networking opportunities with corporate recruiters, cover letter and résumé review),
- leadership development opportunities (CDI Student Leaders Retreats, LeaderShape, and HuskyLEAD), and
- cultural competency.
Students of Color Events
Programming for students of color at Michigan Tech is coordinated by a collective of student representatives belonging to one (or more) of the various ethnic/cultural groups. Some of the programming events include:
- Hispanic Heritage Month,
- Native American Heritage Month,
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Week,
- Black History Month, and
- Percy Julian Graduation Reception.
See the full CDI events calendar.