Director, Center for Diversity and Inclusion
- I was born and raised in the Bronx, New York. After studying cultural anthropology and education, I’ve found the perfect home at CDI. I love to travel and be outdoors. My family and I love camping, hiking, and kayaking. I am dedicated and deeply invested in seeing students succeed, not only academically and professionally but also as human beings.
Assistant Director, Center for Diversity and Inclusion
- Society of Intellectual Sisters (SIS) - Liaison
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE) - Liaison
- NOSOTROS - Liaison
- Society of African American Men (SAAM) - Liaison
- African Students Organization (ASO) - Liaison
- MLK Banquette/Day of Service
- Heritage Programming Events/Committee
- Percy Julian Graduation Reception
- CDI Academic Coaching Program
- AGEP Social Committee
- Hey everyone! I am very excited to be working with all these amazing students and staff members that are dedicated to social justice programming and awareness around the Michigan Tech Campus. I was born and raised outside of Boston... “Gimme some laabstahh ked.” I grew up as a 90’s kid so feel free to discuss plot points to the Sabrina series, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Family Matters, and the like. I am the last office on the 2nd floor in CDI and my door is always open. Stop by to chat about a program, if you want to work out an issue, or if you just want to relax and chat (I have a really comfy sofa)!
Student Engagement Coordinator
Center for Diversity and Inclusion
- Student Leadership Development
- Hey y'all! As a Michigan native and Tech alumna, I'm very excited to be back working with all of you. I was born in Kalamazoo, MI and spent the latter half of middle school and up in Clinton Township, MI. I came to Tech in 2010 and graduated 2013 with a BA in Communications, Culture, and Media Studies. I spend most of my time thinking about and planning my future Tiny House, watching movies, and crafting. I enjoy attempting to bake and I'm a huge fan of dogs! If you ever need anything, you can find me by the hot chocolate or in my second floor office. Follow the smell of my hot chocolate/coffee mix up the stairs and you'll find me at the first door on the left!
Administrative Aide, Center for Diversity and Inclusion
- Assists the Director with the general budget
- Provides Travel and Program support for staff
- Student org travel support for: (Aises) American Indian Science and Engineering Society
- Student org travel support for: (ASO) African Student Organization
- Student org travel support for: (KP) Keweenaw Pride
- Student org travel support for: (WLC) Women's Leadership Council
- Student org travel support for: (WPC) Women's Programming Committee
- I am the administrative aide in the Center for Diversity and Inclusion (CDI). Born and raised in the “big” City of Hancock, I graduated from Hancock High School and worked in banking for 25 years before coming to Michigan Tech in 2008. I married the love of my life, Ron Wade, on June 21, 1986. I am a caregiver for my family, and I enjoy doing volunteer work. My husband and I love to travel and hope to someday be “snow birds” (wintering in sunny Florida). I love working with students and enjoy taking on a “mothering” role. If you need someone to talk to, you can count on me.