If homework, term papers, or other out of class assignments raise suspicions of academic dishonesty, immediately contact the Office of Student Affairs by telephone, email , campus mail, or report online.
- Make a note of the time of the initial observation of the academic dishonesty.
- If possible, have a colleague (proctor, TA, etc.) verify the behavior by observation.
- If possible, tell the student privately that you have observed him/her engaged in possible academic dishonesty; or, make a general announcement to the class that possible academic dishonesty has been observed (without identifying a specific student or students), and request that the behavior stop.
- Allow the student to continue with the exam, unless the behavior is creating a serious disturbance.
- Continue to monitor the student's behavior.
- Immediately contact the Dean of Students Office by telephone, email or campus mail, or report online.