Observing and Reporting Suspected Academic Integrity Violations
If homework, term papers, or other out of class assignments raise suspicions of academic dishonesty, immediately contact the Office of Student Affairs by telephone, email , campus mail, or report online.
- Make a note of the time of the initial observation of the academic dishonesty.
- If possible, have a colleague (proctor, TA, etc.) verify the behavior by observation.
- If possible, tell the student privately that you have observed him/her engaged in possible academic dishonesty; or, make a general announcement to the class that possible academic dishonesty has been observed (without identifying a specific student or students), and request that the behavior stop.
- Allow the student to continue with the exam, unless the behavior is creating a serious disturbance.
- Continue to monitor the student's behavior.
- Immediately contact the Dean of Students Office by telephone, email or campus mail, or report online.