What You Should Know Prior to Using the Testing Center
- The following information must be clearly marked on the exam or cover sheet: (NOTE: Consider providing this information via a student-signed Nondisclosure Agreement,
similar to this example, as a cover sheet.)
- Your full name
- Course name
- Course/Section number
- Exams should be delivered or emailed to the Testing Center (via the email@example.com email address) no later than 24 hours prior to the exam start.
- Any audio recording of the exam is to be provided by the department on a hand-held, digital recording device.
- Students must schedule their exams. Walk-ins cannot be guaranteed a seat.
- When picking up your exams from the Testing Center, please be prepared to show an ID.
- Please email any questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Prepare Your Students
To avoid miscommunication, it is imperative that students be thoroughly familiar with Testing Center policies and procedures prior to testing.
- Instructors are expected to review with students and/or share web address to the Testing Center policies and procedures.
- Before sending a student to the Michigan Tech Testing Center (Library 226), the instructor should make sure that the student knows the following to ensure that the student requests for and is given the correct exam: (1) instructor’s name, (2) course name and (3) course/section number.
- The instructor will provide the student with the date and time the exam will be proctored by the Testing Center and inform the student that a picture ID (with both first and last name) is required. Michigan Tech IDs are acceptable for Michigan Tech offered course exams.
- It is the instructor’s responsibility to inform students regarding the material covered by the test, question types, length of time allowed for exam, and materials allowed while testing, such as a book, notes or a calculator. The Testing Center can provide #2 pencils and scratch paper if needed.
- Inform your student(s) of your policy if the student misses a scheduled exam in the Testing Center. For additional information, refer to policies.
If Michigan Tech is closed due to inclement weather, the Testing Center will be closed also. If you were scheduled for a proctored exam during this closure, please contact the instructor to reschedule the exam. A commercial exam must be rescheduled through the commercial organization.