- PRINT as many copies of the sheets that you will need. Please DO NOT print a single sheet and copy. This process causes issues with the reading software.
- Give the exam to your students as you would a standard scantron sheet.
IF you plan to bring the answer sheets to the testing center for scanning, you will need to fill out a paper form indicating which reports should be generated and how answer sheets will be returned to you.
IF you prefer to scan your answer sheets using your departmental scanner/copier:
- Place the key for the exam on the bottom of the stack so that it is the first sheet read. Indicate instructor name and course name on the signature block of the key.
- If there are more sheets than will fit into the hopper at one time, generating more than one PDF is acceptable. Scan the key with the first batch of answer sheets only. Our system will merge the PDFs together giving you the reports you would like form the entire set.
- Send the PDF(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill in the short Test Scoring Request Form to indicate which reports you would like generated from the scantron forms.
In either case, exam results will be shared with designated individuals through Google Docs. You may choose from the same scantron reports that have been available in the past. You will receive an e-mail pointing you to the share as soon as results are complete.
Examples of Reports
101 Student Statistics Report
103 Class Frequency Distribution Report
150 Student Grade Report
204 Condensed Item Analysis Report
206 Condensed Test Report
310 Test Statistics Report
320 Test Item Statistics Report
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why would I want to use this system of printing my own forms instead of buying them
as I have in the past?
To buy a ream of the standard red forms cost the department $57 for 500 sheets. That is $0.11 per sheet. Your copier should be costing you less than $0.01 per sheet to print and black and white sheet of bubbles.
- Do I have to send them via the copier?
You can bring the sheets to the testing center and the staff can process them for you including generating the PDF.
- Is there a time advantage to using the new electronic scantron?
There are several factors that will affect the turnaround of your forms. Sending the forms via the copier saves you a trip to the Library. In the past the testing center staff have had to wait to process scantron sheets if there were candidates in testing because of the noise the reader makes. Processing electronic forms generates no noise in the testing center.