24/7 Advising Help
Changing majors and adding or dropping an additional major or minor
- Current Michigan Tech students can add majors and minors with the department advisor that they wish to add the major or minor with. The student needs to be in Good Standing, GPA above 2.0.
- Students do not need to meet with an advisor to drop second degree or minor, just fill out the PDF Curriculum Add/Drop Form.
- New incoming first year students who wish to change their major before arriving on campus can email admissions, firstname.lastname@example.org. They will adjust your major for you.
Co-ops, Internships, and Career Help
- Co-ops means Cooperative Education. Students are registered for Michigan Tech credit while working with a company; this typically is over a fall or spring semester during junior or senior year.
- Additional information available on the Career Services website, including requirements, needed forms and FAQ.
- Students typically work internships over the summer. This job is arranged by you and the company and there is no Michigan Tech academic credit.
- You can schedule an appointment with the CS Advisor to discuss your plans for co-ops or internships and how it will work into your degree completion plan.
- Preparing for Career Fair, help with resumes and interview resources.
- If you would like to discuss possible career paths in CS or SSEN, Dr. Linda Ott of the CS department is a fantastic resource. Email, email@example.com
- Career Services
- Steps to ensure you graduate on time!
- Meet with your advisor(s) 3 semesters before you plan to graduate to ensure you are on track.
- Run your audit in DARS, if something does not look right, contact your advisor.
- A final degree audit needs to be run by your advisor and checked off after you are done registering for your last semester of courses. Contact your advisor/s and schedule an appointment or send an email with your M number and ask if they can run your final audit.
- Read your emails from Degree Services regarding graduation and applying to graduate.
- Graduation Checklist
Registration planning and help
- Plan for registration
- Prepare for registration well before your registration time, plan your courses and meet with your advisor yearly to ensure you are on track for graduation.
- If you are registering and getting an error, this link will help you understand what the error means and if there is a form or waiver needed to add the course.
- Forms and waivers are located outside the CS Advising office inside Rekhi 221
- Registration information and forms
Resources and links for help on campus, repeating courses, academic probation, suspension, and appeals
Make sure you are in contact with your advisor if you are struggling. Your advisor can help ensure you get connected to the resources most appropriate for your situation, can help you adjust your degree plan to best fit your needs and help you look over all the options available to make a good plan to move forward.
- Campus Resource help document
- CS Learning Center
- List of all Learning Centers on campus
- Disability Services can help provide resources and support to students on campus with or without a documented disability. If you have documentation you are strongly encouraged to submit your documentation and meet with the coordinator.
- Repeating a course
- Academic Probation
- Suspension and Dismissal
- Michigan Tech Transfer Information
- Are you a current Michigan Tech student looking to take a course elsewhere? Follow this Transfer Help guide.
- Looking to transfer to Michigan Tech from a different institution and need some help planning?
- Have you completed a degree at another institution or at Michigan Tech and looking to get an additional undergraduate degree?
- You will need to fill out paperwork with your advisor to make your official degree plan and work with transfer services to document completed coursework.