- 309 Rekhi Hall
Associate Professor, Computer Science
- PhD, (Computer Science), University of Pittsburgh, 1999
- MS, Computer Engineering, Middle East Technical University, 1988
Nilufer Onder received her B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees both in Computer Engineering from Middle East Technical University (METU) in Ankara, Turkey. After getting her B.Sc. she worked at the Computer Center of METU as a Systems Programmer. She received her PhD, in Computer Science from the University of Pittsburgh in 1999. In the same year, she started as an Assistant Professor of Computer Science at Michigan Technological University. She became an Associate Professor in 2006. She lives in Laurium with her husband and two children.
Area of Expertise
- Artificial Intelligence
- Nilufer Onder, Amlan Mukherjee, Pei Tang. "Construction Management Applications: Challenges in Developing Execution Control Plans". Proceedings of the Twentieth International Conference on Automated Planning and Scheduling (ICAPS 2010), pp. 263--266. Read More
- Li Li, Nilufer Onder. "Generating Plans in Concurrent, Probabilistic, Over-Subscribed Domains". Proceedings of the Twenty-Third AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-08), pp. 957--962.
- Janae N. Foss, Nilufer Onder.. "A Hill-Climbing Approach to Planning with Temporal Uncertainty", Proceedings of the Nineteenth Florida AI Research Society (FLAIRS) Conference, pp. 869-870, Melbourne Beach, Florida. Read More
- Nilufer Onder, Garrett C. Whelan, Li Li. "Engineering a Conformant Probabilistic Planner", Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research (JAIR), Vol. 25, pp. 1-15. Read More
- Janae N. Foss, Nilufer Onder. "Generating Temporally Contingent Plans". IJCAI 2005 Workshop on Planning and Learning in A Priori Unknown or Dynamic Domains, pp. 62-68, Edinburgh, Scotland, August 2005. Read More
- Nilufer Onder, Garrett Whelan, Li Li. "Probapop: Probabilistic Partial-Order Planning". Proceedings for The Probabilistic Planning Track of IPC-4. Whistler, British Columbia, Canada, June 2004.
- Nilufer Onder and Li Li. "Revisiting Probabilistic Partial-Order Planning" AAAI Fall Symposium on Intent Inference for Users, Teams, and Adversaries November 2002, North Falmouth, MA, pp. 32-37.