Associate Professor, Computer Science
- PhD, (Computer Science), Michigan State University
- MS, Software Engineering, Iran University of Science and Technology
- BS, Computer Engineering, The University of Isfahan
Ali Ebnenasir received his B.E. in 1994 with an honor degree in Computer Engineering from the University of Isfahan, Iran, his M.E. degree in 1998 in Software Engineering from Iran University of Science and Technology, Tehran, Iran, and his Ph.D. in 2005 in Computer Science from Michigan State University. Ali’s PhD dissertation was nominated for the ACM Doctoral Dissertation Award in 2005. Ali also worked as a postdoctoral researcher at the Software Engineering and Network Systems Laboratory at Michigan State University from August 2005 until August 2006. His research and teaching interests include software engineering, formal methods for software development, high assurance and dependable computing, parallel and distributed computing, and mission-critical embedded systems. Before joining the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Michigan State University for his Ph.D. program, he worked both in the industry and as a part-time lecturer in academia from 1998 to 2001. As a graduate student, he was awarded an IEEE Computer Society Travel grant, and the Dissertation Completion Fellowship and Graduate Office Fellowship from the Graduate School at Michigan State University. He has published several papers in major international journals and conferences such as IEEE Transaction on Dependable and Secure Computing (TDSC), ACM Transactions on Software Engineering and Methodology (TOSEM), International journal on Software Tools for Technology Transfer (STTT), IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering (ASE), IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS), European Dependable Computing Conference (EDCC), and ACM SIGSOFT Foundations of Software Engineering.
Links of Interest
Area of Expertise
- Software Engineering
- Automated Analysis of Fault-Tolerance
- Formal Methods
- Aly Farahat and Ali Ebnenasir, "Exploiting Computational Redundancy for Efficient Recovery from Soft Errors in Sensor Nodes", 23rd International Conference on Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering (SEKE), Miami Beach, USA, 2011. Read More
- Aly Farahat and Ali Ebnenasir, "Lightweight Methods for Automated Design of Self-Stabilization", To appear in the PhD forum of the 25th IEEE International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS), Anchorage Alaska - USA, 2011.
- Ali Ebnenasir and Aly Farahat, "A Lightweight Method for Automated Design of Convergence", 25th IEEE International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS), Anchorage Alaska - USA, 2011 (acceptance rate @ 19.6%). Read More
- Ali Ebnenasir and Sandeep S. Kulkarni, "Feasibility of Stepwise Design of Multitolerant Programs". To appear in the ACM Transactions on Software Engineering and Methodology (TOSEM), 2010.
- Ali Ebnenasir and Mohammad Amin Alipour, "Identifying Satisfying Subsets: A Method for Algorithmic Correction of Inter-Thread Synchronization Mechanisms". Technical Report CS-TR-10-01, Michigan Technological University, Houghton Michigan 49931, USA, March 2010. Read More
- Borzoo Bonakdarpour, Ali Ebnenasir, Sandeep S. Kulkarni, "Complexity Results in Revising UNITY Programs", ACM Transactions on Autonomous and Adaptive Systems, Vol. 4, No. 1, Article No.: 5, 2009. Read More
- Ali Ebnenasir and Rasoul Beik, "Developing Parallel Programs: A Design-Oriented Perspective", International Conference on Software Engineering, Workshop on Multicore Software Engineering, Vancouver, BC, Canada, 2009. Read More