The northernmost point on Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, the ruggedly beautiful Keweenaw Peninsula is one of the Midwest’s top year-round recreation destinations, thanks to its record snowfalls and comfortable summers. The Keweenaw, which offers miles upon miles of spectacular scenery along Lake Superior’s shoreline, was rated one of the top-ten outdoor adventure spots in the country by National Geographic Adventure Magazine.
To get the most out of your visit to the Keweenaw, visit the websites listed below for detailed information on local lodging, events, festivals, attractions, services, and recreation.
- Keweenaw Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Keweenaw Peninsula Chamber of Commerce
- City of Hancock
- City of Houghton
- Hunt’s Guide to Michigan’s Upper Peninsula
- Keweenaw Trails (information about biking, hiking, skiing, canoeing and kayaking) Michigan’s Department of Natural Resources (information on camping, state parks, outdoor recreation, and wildlife)
- Michigan’s Upper Peninsula Official Travel and Recreation Website
- Outdoor Adventure Program Waterfall Guide (interactive map)