Parent and Family Orientation will be held on August 25, 2013. This is a fun, informative day open to the family members of first-year students. Activities include a family picnic, campus tours, the University Welcome, and various informational seminars.
Individuals who attend Parent & Family Orientation will do the following:
- Obtain an increased understanding of the adjustments students face in their transition to college.
- Become familiar with Michigan Tech’s Parent/Guardian Philosophy.
- Gain knowledge of where and how to get support from Michigan Tech.
- Become physically acclimated to the campus.
- Feel confident in their student’s ability to succeed at Michigan Tech.
After a long weekend of travel and unpacking, please join us for some food and fun between 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM on Sunday, August 25, 2013 at the Family Picnic. Michigan Tech first-year students and children under five eat for free. Family members and guests must purchase tickets in advance.
Tickets for the Family Picnic can be purchased online, or by contacting the Central Ticket Office at 906-487-2073 prior to the event.
Sunday, August 25, 2013, 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Cost: $25.00 per sibling
This program is for the younger siblings of Michigan Tech first-year students. While parents are attending Parent and Family Orientation, siblings can have their own fun and exciting experience! Siblings will be placed in groups based on grade level completed.
The cost for participation is $25.00, which includes all supplies and lunch. Pre-registration is required.
To register, visit the Central Ticketing Office online at https://events.tickets.mtu.edu/Online/default.asp or call 906-487-2073.