Our Transfer Student Assistants are here to plan events for transfer students to network and get to know one another and answer any questions you may have. Stop by COMPASS during their office hours to ask questions or discuss your transfer experience.
COMPASS also sponsors the firstname.lastname@example.org email list for transfer students. If you've transferred to Michigan Tech and are not already a member, join today using Michigan Tech's email list service, Sympa. Login with your Michigan Tech username and ISO password, search for “transfer,” and click “Subscribe” in the menu to the left. We send important reminders and updates via this list and it is a useful tool for transfer students to ask questions, get advice, and network with one another. If you have transferred to Michigan Tech or plan to transfer to Tech in the future and have any questions or concerns, just email email@example.com or call 906-487-3588.
Transfer Student Assistants
Transfer Student Mentor
- Year: 4th Year
- Major: Computer Science
- Campus Involvement: Air Force ROTC, Student Veterans Organization, OTL Fall 2012, Transfer Assistant, Beta Sigma Theta fraternity, Order of Omega Honor Society, InterFraternity Council
- Favorite thing about Michigan Tech: My favorite part about being at Tech is the interaction I get to have with new people in my Organizations, and introducing people to the different things you can do while up in Houghton.
- Why you chose Michigan Tech: I chose Tech because it has an amazing reputation for producing the best students and most hard working students. I also knew they had an amazing AFROTC unit here and I wanted to be a part of it.
- What Does Your Future Hold: The future holds for me is military servers where I will be learning to become an ABM for the military down in Florida after graduation.
- Advice to Transfer Students: Don’t sit back your first year, get out and meet people, join organizations/clubs or just help out throughout campus. By putting yourself out there you will get the opportunity to do so many random and fun things that you normally would not get to experience if you JUST go to school.
Amy (Qingxiang) Feng
Transfer Student Mentor
- Year: 3rd Year
- Major: Chemical Engineering
- Campus Involvement: Omega Chi Epsilon (Chemical Engineering Honor Society)
- Favorite thing about Michigan Tech: Being involved in Winter Carnival!
- Why you chose Michigan Tech: I like the geography, enjoy Tech being a small school, and it is a great engineering college.
- What does your future hold: I will graduate from Michigan Tech with a degree in Chemical Engineering, and work for a company that I enjoy.
- Advice to Transfer Students: Find out what experiences you would like to have that will be important to you while at Michigan Tech. Knowing this will help you make choices later on.