Your gift to the Department of Cognitive and Learning Sciences enhances the quality of tomorrow’s education—both in K-12 schools and higher education. The generosity of donors allows us to continue to attract world-class faculty, maintain state-of-the-art facilities and equipment, and design innovative programs.
The department’s current priorities center on two key goals:
- preparing Michigan’s future teachers to meet the educational needs of students by employing the most effective instructional technologies and techniques available; and
- providing resources to advance scholarship and research in targeted areas of psychological science, specifically human factors and human performance.
Gifts made directly to Cognitive and Learning Sciences are unrestricted, giving the department the flexibility to support their current priorities or respond to emerging opportunities such as
- scholarships for students studying science and mathematics education at Michigan Tech;
- an endowed chair in human factors psychology; and
- seed grants to develop a simulated-reality laboratory in order to consolidate human factors and human performance research at the University.
Gifts designated to the psychology program at Michigan Tech enhance undergraduate education.