- Dillman 201J
Associate Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering
- PhD, University of Washington
- MS, University at Buffalo
- BE, Birla Institute of Technology and Science
Dr.Mukherjee's interests are in the areas of Construction Management and Transportation Infrastructure Management Systems. He is currently teaching a course in Construction Estimation, Planning and Control. His research interests lie in developing interactive and adaptive process simulation platforms that can be used as decision making aids, in training decision makers and also to better understand human cognitive and decision-making processes in construction. The broader goal of the research is to study the construction management (CM) domain as a tightly coupled system of human and resource interactions and to integrate it with existing construction theories to develop a systemic perspective of the complexities in the CM domain. Dr.Mukherjee is also interested in Engineering Education research.
Links of Interest
- Planning and decision making in infrastructure system management
- Develop models and implements simulations that can aid decision makers assess design alternatives and explore what-if scenarios
- Cass, D. & Mukherjee, A. (2011) "Calculation of Greenhouse Gas Emissions Associated with Highway Construction Projects," Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, ASCE. In Print.
- Jin, Y. & Mukherjee, A. (2010) "Modeling Blockage Failures in Sewer Systems to Support Maintenance Decision-Making," Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, ASCE, Vol. 24(6), 622-633.
- Mukherjee, A. & Muga, H. (2010) "An Integrative Framework to Study Sustainable Practices and its Adoption in the AEC Industry," Journal of Engineering and Technology Management, Vol. 27, 197-214.
- Mukherjee, A., Johnson, D., Jin, Y. & Kieckhafer, R. (2010) "Using Situational Simulations to Support Decision Making in Co-dependent Infrastructure Systems," International Journal of Critical Infrastructure, Vol. 6(1), pp 52-72.
- Mukherjee, A. (2010) A Book Review of Real-Time and Deliberative Decision Making by Igor Linkov, Elizabeth Ferguson and Victor S. Magar, editors. Springer, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 2008. Journal of Environmental Quality, 39: 1-1.
- Breffle, W.S., Mukherjee, A., Donovan, R., Jin, Y., & Liu, F. (2010) Assessing the Carrying Capacity of the Great Lakes Environment: A Lake Michigan Pilot Study, Colcom Foundation, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Wood, M.; Mukherje, A.; Bridges, T. & Linkov, I. (2009) A Mental Modeling Approach to Study Decision-Making in Dynamic Task Environments. In Chinyio, E. and Olomolaiye, P. (editors) Construction Stakeholder Management. London: Blackwell-Wiley.