- SDC 231
Department Chair and Associate Professor, Kinesiology and Integrative Physiology
Associate Dean, College of Sciences and Arts
Adjunct Associate Professor, Biological Sciences, Cognitive and Learning Sciences
- PhD, Biological Sciences, Michigan Technological University
- BS, Biological Sciences, Michigan Technological University
Links of Interest
- Autonomic and Cardiovascular Control in Humans
- Neurovascular Responses to Mental Stress
- Sleep and Autonomic Activity in Humans
- Sex Differences and Sympathetic Activity
- Aerobic and Anaerobic Balance in Elite Athletes
- Yang H, Durocher JJ, Larson RA, DellaValla JP, and Carter JR. Total sleep deprivation alters cardiovascular reactivity to acute stressors in humans. Journal of Applied Physiology (In Press). Epub, July 19, 2012
- Carter JR. Sympathetic neural tone: Large and in charge throughout pregnancy. Journal of Physiology (London). (In Press).
- Carter JR, Schwartz CE, Yang H, and Joyner MJ. Fish oil and neurovascular control in humans. American Journal of Physiology - Heart and Circulatory Physiology (In Press). Epub June 15, 2012.
- Carter JR, Durocher JJ, Larson RA, DellaValla JP, and Yang H. Sympathetic neural responses to 24-hour sleep deprivation in humans: sex differences. American Journal of Physiology – Heart and Circulation Physiology 302:H1991-H1997, 2012. Epub March 9, 2012.
- Yang H, Cooke WH, Reed KS, and Carter JR. Sex differences in hemodynamic and sympathetic neural firing patterns during orthostatic challenge in humans. Journal of Applied Physiology 112:1744-1751, 2012. Epub March 8, 2012.
- Durocher JJ, Lufkin KM, King ME, and Carter JR. Social technology restriction alters state anxiety but not autonomic activity in humans. American Journal of Physiology - Regulatory, Integrative, and Comparative Physiology 301:R1773-R1778, 2011. Epub Sept 28, 2011.
- Durocher JJ, Klein JC, and Carter JR. Attenuation of sympathetic baroreflex sensitivity during the onset of acute mental stress in humans. American Journal of Physiology - Heart and Circulatory Physiology 300:H1788-H1793, 2011. Epub Feb 25, 2011.