Lecturer in Organic Chemistry
Michigan Technological University, Lecturer in Organic Chemistry
Michigan Technological University invites applications for a position as Lecturer to support teaching in Organic Chemistry to begin in Fall Semester 2013. This is a 9-month, annual renewal, non-tenure track position.
The successful applicant will have:
- A Master’s Degree in Chemistry with an organic or biological emphasis from an accredited institution.
- Documented teaching experience in teaching organic chemistry at the university level.
- Experience training, supervising, and evaluating teaching assistants for organic laboratory courses.
- Evidence of development of new laboratory experiments and procedures.
- Familiarity with educational technologies (Canvas, on-line homework systems, etc).
- The ability to work and communicate effectively with students and peers.
- Experience writing grant proposals to support the educational mission of the department.
- Additional training in educational methods.
Preference will be given to applicants having diverse teaching experience.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Detailed information concerning the department and university can be viewed at www.mtu.edu/chemistry/. Direct inquires to Sarah Green, Search Committee Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants must send a PDF file with the following items to email@example.com: letter of interest; curriculum vitae/resume; statement of teaching philosophy; and the names and contact information of three references.
We have a Dual Career Program which assists departments with partner orientation to the university and community and identification of possible positions for partners (see www.dual.mtu.edu).
Michigan Tech is also an ADVANCE institution, one of a limited number of universities in receipt of NSF funds in support of our commitment to increase diversity and the participation and advancement of women in STEM.
Michigan Tech is located in Houghton in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
Michigan Technological University is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Equal Opportunity Employer.