- Dow 863
Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering
- PhD, Natural Sciences, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology
- MS, Civil Engineering, University of Minnesota
- BS, Civil Engineering, University of Minnesota
Dr. Perlinger teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in the area of environmental engineering including courses such as Fundamentals of Environmental Engineering, Environmental Engineering Chemical Processes, and Pollution Prevention and Environmental Regulations. Her research interests are in the area of air and water quality, and in technologies for treatment of environmental media. Current research involves measurement and modeling of contaminant concentrations and fluxes in the Great Lakes region in order to estimate impacts on human and ecosystem health.
Links of Interest
- Environmental engineering
- Transport & transformation of organic chemicals in the environment
- Boundary layer meteorology
- Air and water quality
- Atmosphere/biosphere exchange of chemicals
- Environmental analytical chemistry
- Rowe, M.D. Fairall, C.W., and Perlinger, J.A., Chemical sensor resolution requirements for near-surface measurements of turbulent fluxes, Atmos. Chem. Phys., 11, 5263-5275, 2011.
- Rowe, M.D., Perlinger, J.A., and Fairall, C.W., A Lagrangian model to predict the modification of near-surface scalar mixing ratios and air–water exchange fluxes in offshore flow, Boundary-Layer Meteorol., 140, 87-103, 2011.
- Nizzetto, L., MacLeod, M., Cabrerizo, A., Dachs, J., Di Guardo, A., Ghirardello, D., Hansen, K.M., Jarvis, A., Lindroth, A., Ludwig, B., Monteith, D., Perlinger, J.A., Scheringer, M., Schwendenmann, L., Semple, K.T., Wick, L.Y., Zhang, G. and Jones, K.C., Past, present and future controls on levels of persistent organic pollutants in the global environment, Environ. Sci. Technol., 44, 6526-6531, 2010.
- Rowe, M.D., and Perlinger, J.A., Performance of a high flow-rate, thermally-extractable diffusion denuder for semivolatile organic chemical atmospheric concentration measurement, Environ. Sci. Technol., 44, 2098-2104, 2010.
- Rowe, M.D., and Perlinger, J.A., Prediction of gas collection efficiency and particle collection artifact for atmospheric semivolatile organic compounds in multicapillary denuders, J. Chromatogr. A, 1217, 256-263, 2010.
- Rowe, M.D., and Perlinger, J.A., Gas-phase cleanup method for analysis of trace atmospheric semivolatile organic compounds by thermal desorption from diffusion denuders, J. Chromatogr. A, 216, 5940-5948, 2009.
- Rowe, M.D., Perlinger, J.A., and Urban, N.R., Modeling contaminant behavior in Lake Superior: A comparison of PCBs, PBDEs, and mercury, In: M. Munawar, I.F. Munawar (Eds.), State of Lake Superior, Ecovision World Monograph Series, Aquatic Ecosystem Health & Management Society, Burlington, Canada, 2008.