- BS Civil Engineering 1943
Dean Gerald J. Caspary, a 1943 civil engineering graduate of Michigan Tech, was Dean of Michigan Tech's School of Applied Technology and a Professor of Civil Engineering. Jerry was a faculty member in the Department of Civil Engineering from 1946 until 1965. He was made Head of the Department of Applied Technology in 1969 and became the first Dean of the School of Technology in 1975 - a position he held until he retired in 1984.
As a faculty member, he was an active, inspiring, and enthusiastic teacher. He was a leader in Chi Epsilon. He was instrumental in the installation of the Michigan Tech Chapter when it was chartered in 1948, and he became its first faculty advisor. He was elected Midwestern District Councilor and became a member of the Supreme Council of Chi Epsilon from 1958 to 1966. The Chapter hosted the 1960 National Conclave. He was a member of ASCE and an Honor Member of Chi Epsilon. He was president and member of the U.P. Society of Registered Land Surveyors and a member of the State Examination Committee for Registered Land Surveyors. In other service to Michigan Tech, he helped organize the Huskies Booster club and was elected to Michigan Tech's Sports Hall of Fame.
From 1993 Induction to the Civil and Environmental Engineering Academy