Adjunct Assistant Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering
- PhD, Civil Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- MS, Civil Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- BS, Civil Engineering, University of Florida
Dr. Harris is Adjunct Assistant Professor in structural engineering. He received his M.S. and Ph.D. at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in 2004 and 2007, respectively and his B.S. from the University of Florida in 1999. His research interests include all aspects of structural engineering, with a main focus on bridges and innovative materials for civil infrastructure.
- Structural engineering, with a main focus on bridges and innovative materials for civil infrastructure
- Harris, D.K., Lutch, R.H., Ahlborn, T.M., and Duong, P. (September 2010 - submitted). "Optimization of a Prestressed Concrete Railroad Crosstie for Heavy-Haul Applications." Journal of Transportation Engineering.
- Harris, D.K. (2010). "Component Sizing Approach for the Sandwich Plate System (SPS)." Structure and Infrastructure Engineering: Maintenance, Management, Life-Cycle Design and Performance (In Press).
- Harris, D.K., Cousins, T., Sotelino, E.D., and Murray, T.M. (2010). "Lateral load distribution characteristics of Sandwich Plate System bridges, a parametric investigation." Journal of Bridge Engineering, 15(6), 684-694.
- Harris, D.K. (2010). "Assessment of flexural lateral load distribution methodologies for stringer bridges." Engineering Structures, 32(11), 3443-3451.
- Harris, D.K., Cousins, T., Murray, T.M., and Sotelino, E.D. (2008). "Field Investigation of a Sandwich Plate System bridge deck." Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, 22(5), 1-11.
- Harris, D.K., Sarkar, J., and Ahlborn, T.M. (August 2010 – accepted). "Interface Bond Characterization of Ultra-High Performance Concrete Overlays." Transportation Research Board (TRB) 90th Annual Meeting, Transportation Research Board, Washington, D.C.
- Ahlborn, T.M., Harris, D.K., Misson, D.L., and Peuse, E.J. (August 2010 – accepted). "Strength and Durability Characterization of Ultra-High Performance Concrete Under Variable Curing Conditions." Transportation Research Board (TRB) 90th Annual Meeting, Transportation Research Board, Washington, D.C.