Management—BS: Supply Chain and Operations Management Concentration
You want to make things better, and in business, there is always room to improve. With a Management degree concentrating in Supply Chain and Operations Management (SCOM), you’ll be set to go out and make change happen. Every successful business needs leaders with strong analytical decision-making skills. SCOM majors will also gain a background in all other disciplines for integrated problem solving with a strong quantitative emphasis.
SCOM spans the organization, and because many operations operate globally, this study area prepares students for a fast-paced environment. Graduates are in high demand.
Supply chain and operations management professionals with the right experience and credentials lead organizations and are some of the highest paid professionals in the world. And with opportunities like the Project Management Institute project planning competition, there’s a challenge around every corner. Are you ready to make a change?
- Logistics Manager
- Production Planner
- Traffic and Transportation Management
- Purchasing and Procurement
- Supply Chain Analyst
- Quality Management
- Production Supervision
- Participate in THE Project competition, simulating actual management experience.
- Simulate running a manufacturing company.
- Earn a professional certification before you graduate with your degree, like the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) certification.
- Gain an international perspective by studying abroad in countries like Australia, China, Estonia, Finland, Spain, or Germany, and apply your international experience to a global business minor.
- Work closely with experienced faculty members who collaborate with professional organizations and corporations in the field.
- Get help at the Sam B. Tidwell Student Center, with tutoring support in accounting, economics, and statistics.
- Use state-of-the-art computing facilities to succeed in a global technological environment.