Associate Professor of Finance, School of Business and Economics
- PhD in Finance, Syracuse University
- PhD in Physics, University of Massachusetts/Amherst
Dr. Qi joined Michigan Tech in 2005. Before coming to the beautiful Upper Peninsula of Michigan, he lived in the quaint college town of Amherst in Massachusetts and Syracuse in the picturesque finger lake region of New York. His interests include biking, swimming, traveling, (cross-country) skiing, classic music, reading, writing and movies. He maintains an active research agenda in financial economics. He is an amateur astronomer.
- Corporate finance
- Financial management
- Theoretical financial economics
- Asset pricing
- Corporate finance
- Qi, H. (2011). "Value and Capacity of Tax Shields: An Analysis of the Slicing Approach," (vol. 35, # 1, pp. 166-173) . Evansville, Il.: The Journal of Banking and Finance.
- Qi, H., Han, G. (2010). "Is APV better than WACC for Non-Stationary Debt Ratio," (vol. 8, # 2, pp. 79-88) . Chicago: Journal of Academy of Finance.
- Qi, H., Johnson, D. L., Liu, S. "A Model for Risky Cash Flows and Tax Shields," Journal of Economics and Finance.
- Qi, H., Liu, S., Wu, C. (2010). "Structural Models of Corporate Bond Pricing with Personal Taxes," (vol. 34, # 7, pp. 1719-1728) . Journal of Banking and Finance.
- Qi, H. (2010). "Valuation Methodologies and Emerging Markets," (vol. 5, # 1, pp. Article 2) . Berkeley Electronic Press: Journal of Business Valuation and Economic Loss Analysis. Read More
- Qi, H., Xie, Y. A., Liu, S. (2010). "Credit Risk Models: An Analysis of Default Correlation," (vol. 4, # 1, pp. 189-208) . Hilo, Hawaii: Internal Journal of Business and Finance Research. Read More
- Xie, Y. A., Qi, H. (2010). "Job Security and Personal Investment Portfolio," (vol. 4, # 1, pp. 17-27) . Hawaii: Global Journal of Business Research.
- Qi, H., Shi, J. (2010). "Pricing Stock with Constant Dividend Growth Model," (vol. 17, # 1, pp. 1-6) . Journal of Contemporary Business and Issues.