Associate Professor of Finance, School of Business and Economics
- PhD in Finance, Syracuse University
- PhD in Physics, University of Massachusetts/Amherst
Dr. Qi joined Michigan Tech in 2005. Before coming to the beautiful Upper Peninsula of Michigan, he lived in the quaint college town of Amherst in Massachusetts and Syracuse in the picturesque finger lake region of New York. His interests include biking, swimming, traveling, (cross-country) skiing, classic music, reading, writing and movies. He maintains an active research agenda in financial economics. He is an amateur astronomer.
- Corporate finance
- Financial management
- Theoretical financial economics
- Asset pricing
- Corporate finance
- Han, D., Qi, H., Xie, A. (2015). "On Equivalent Annual Cost Method" , Journal of the Finance Issues. jofi.aof-mbaa.org/2014-vol13-issue2
- Qi, H., Xie, Y. A. "Equivalent, Incidental and Incremental Cash Flows" , International Journal of Business, Accounting, and Finance. Read More
- Han, G., Qi, H. (2014). "The Economic Value of a New Technology in Growing Potatoes: The Hilling Method" (vol. 8, 2 #, pp. 53-61) , The International Journal of Business and Economics Perspectives. Read More
- Liu, S., Qi, H., Shi, J., Xie, Y. A. (2013). John Doukas, "Predict Default Correlation from Equity Correlation", European Financial Management.
- Johnson, D. L., Qi, H. (2012) "Explaining Bond Spreads via Default Risk, Taxes and Rating Transition" , Financial Decisions. Forthcoming
- Qi, H., Liu, S., Johnson, D. L. (2012). "A Model for Risky Cash Flows and Tax Shields" (vol. 36, pp. 868-881) , Journal of Economics and Finance.
- Huang, H., Huang, J.-W., Qi, H., Ouyang, P. (2012). "Bivariate Option Pricing Under Regime-Switching Copulas" (vol. 20, 3 #,) Review of Futures Markets.
- Qi, H. (2011). "Value and Capacity of Tax Shields: An Analysis of the Slicing Approach," (vol. 35, # 1, pp. 166-173) . Evansville, Il.: The Journal of Banking and Finance.