Paul A. Nelson
- Professor Emeritus of Economics, School of Business and Economics
- PhD in Economics, University of Wisconsin
- MA in Industrial Organization, University of Wisconsin
- MS in Economics, University of Wisconsin
- BS in Economics, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Dr. Nelson served as an Army Field Artillery Officer, Operations Research Analyst, and Comptroller Staff Officer in the 1960s. He has been on the Michigan Tech faculty since 1972. He has served as a consultant on economic regulation to the Postal Rate Commission, the Federal Energy Regulatory Administration, the Department of Energy, and the Attorneys General of the states of Nevada and West Virginia.
- Economic Decision Analysis
- Managerial Economics
- Industrial Organization Economics
- Regulatory Economics
- New Technology Commercialization
- Roberts, M. C., Nelson, P. A., Gale, J. R. (2011). Roberts, M. C. (Ed.), "Economic Decision Analysis, Fourth Edition, 2011," ( pp. 228) . Boston, MA: Pearson Custom Publishing.
- Nelson, Paul A., and Lumsdaine, Edward, “Failures and Success in Commercializing Student Inventions”, National Collegiate Inventors and Innovators Alliance 2009 Conference Proceedings, March 19-21, 2009.
- Nelson, Paul A., and Lumsdaine, Edward, "Creating an Entrepreneurial Culture in an Engineering University", Proceedings of the American Society of Engineering Education, June 2008.
- Nelson, Paul A., and Monson, Terry D., "GMAT Scores of Undergraduate Economics Majors", Journal of Economic Education, Vol. 39, No. 3 (Summer 2008), pp. 269-272.