Large-scale engineering and tech companies are seeking professionals who can create dynamic business plans—professionals who know how to bridge business with technology. Are you up to the challenge?
With our senior-level Business Development Experience, students have the opportunity to handle financial planning, marketing plans, and business management for real-world research projects and engineering design teams. You’ll interact with peers and faculty, learn about entrepreneurship firsthand, and develop strategies for marketing and managing new technologies. It’s just the kind of beneficial cross-discipline collaboration you need to build an amazing résumé.
The Business Development Experience offers three tracks to choose from:
- Senior Design: Develop, write, and present a business plan for a College of Engineering Senior Design Project
- Enterprise: Develop, write, and present a business development and management plan for a student Enterprise
- APMP: Successfully complete the Applied Portfolio Management Program (APMP)
Through the Business Development Experience, you will learn to:
- Identify and communicate business ideas
- Write business plans
- Conduct market research, including research on new and emerging markets
- Develop financing strategies, including capital acquisition
- Develop pricing strategies, including value pricing, for new products and technologies
- Plan production and distribution
- Develop project management goals and deadlines
- Work effectively in teams
- Develop your oral and written presentation skills