Business and Marketing Communications
The Communications office under the Vice President for Administration plays a key role in integrating high-impact unit communications with institutional efforts. The Communications office is responsible for assisting departments within the Administration unit with planning, implementation, and evaluation of a wide range of communications activities designed to increase awareness and to support the Guiding Principles of the Office of the Vice President for Administration as well as the University's goals and objectives.
The Communications Specialist works with departmental leaders to create a cohesive vision within Administration and to ensure brand stewardship with their individual areas of expertise.
The Communications office will work with members of the Administration Units to:
- Manager website content in collaboration with University Marketing and Communications
- Draft informational, operational, and promotional communications adhering to the University Identity Standards
- Develop strategic communication plans, tools, and resources
- Act as editor-writer for all department communications pieces
- Establish individual strategies for measuring communication effectiveness and outcomes
- Implement social media content strategy across multiple channels, as needed
- Assist with the collection, analysis, and presentation of metrics
- Manage survey projects including development of research goals, creation of questions, response gathering, and data analysis