Sponsoring a First Friday University Social is a chance to showcase your department while supporting this campus-wide initiative. Dates are granted on a first come first serve basis and tend to go fast, so reserve your date early. To reserve a date or with any questions, contact Megan Ross at 906-487-3123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Auxiliary Services will provide:
- Tech Today announcement of the upcoming First Friday University Social, highlighting the partner department.
- Space reservation at a campus location with a liquor license.
- Complementary soft drinks and cash bar arrangements.
- The option of complementary snacks or a $25 credit toward your department's own catering order.
Partnering Departments are asked to provide:
- Supplemental marketing for the event, which could include posters, individual invitations, an email to your departmental lists or other announcements.
- A theme, displays or posters, and/or decorations that will make the event unique to your department's identity.
- Departments are welcome to provide an alternative venue to host the event, provided there is space to accommodate 50+ people and that alcohol will be department-provided and with the President's permission.
- Departments are welcome to enhance the hospitality with additional snacks. Arrangements can be made with Catering Services online. In lieu of complementary snacks you may choose to have a $25 credit applied to your catering order.
Past sponsors have done presentations about new classroom facilities, asked trivia questions with the chance to win prizes, done drawings for door prizes, or even just provided the snacks and been there to talk to people. If you are not sure about sponsoring and have never attended a Social before, please join us at an upcoming First Friday and see what it's all about.