Judith A. Perlinger
- Dow 863
- Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering
- ScD, Environmental Science, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology
- MS, Civil Engineering, University of Minnesota
- BS, Civil Engineering, University of Minnesota
Dr. Perlinger teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in environmental engineering including Fundamentals of Environmental Engineering, Sustainability, Transport and Transformation of Organic Pollutants, and Applied Boundary Layer Micrometeorology. Her research interests are in the area of air and water quality and sustainability. Current research involves measurement and modeling of atmospheric and aqueous chemical concentrations and atmosphere-surface exchange fluxes, and examination of the chemical governance and sustainability.
Links of Interest
- Environmental Engineering
- Transport & Transformation of Organic Chemicals
- Boundary Layer Meteorology
- Air and Water Quality
- Atmosphere-biosphere Exchange of Chemicals
- Environmental Analytical Chemistry
- Zhang, B., Owen, R.C., Perlinger, J.A., Kumar, A., Wu, S., Val Martin, M., Kramer, L., Helmig, D., and Honrath, R.E., A semi-Lagrangian view of ozone production tendency in North American outflow in the summers of 2009 and 2010, Atmos. Chem. Phys., 14, 2267-2287, 2014.
- Rowe, M.D., and Perlinger, J.A., Micrometeorological measurements of hexachlorobenzene and polychlorinated biphenyl compound air-water gas exchange in Lake Superior, Atmos. Chem. Phys., 12, 4607-4617, 2012.
- Nizzetto, L., and Perlinger, J.A., Climatic, biological and land cover controls on the exchange of gas-phase semivolatile chemical pollutants between air and forest canopies, Environ. Sci. Technol., 46, 2699-2707, 2012.
- Rowe, M.D. Fairall, C.W., and Perlinger, J.A., Chemical sensor resolution requirements for near-surface measurements of turbulent fluxes, Atmos. Chem. Phys., 11, 5263-5275, 2011.
- Rowe, M.D., Perlinger, J.A., and Fairall, C.W., A Lagrangian model to predict the modification of near-surface scalar mixing ratios and air–water exchange fluxes in offshore flow, Boundary-Layer Meteorol., 140, 87-103, 2011.
- Nizzetto, L., MacLeod, M., Cabrerizo, A., Dachs, J., Di Guardo, A., Ghirardello, D., Hansen, K.M., Jarvis, A., Lindroth, A., Ludwig, B., Monteith, D., Perlinger, J.A., Scheringer, M., Schwendenmann, L., Semple, K.T., Wick, L.Y., Zhang, G. and Jones, K.C., Past, present and future controls on levels of persistent organic pollutants in the global environment, Environ. Sci. Technol., 44, 6526-6531, 2010.
- Rowe, M.D., and Perlinger, J.A., Performance of a high flow-rate, thermally-extractable diffusion denuder for semivolatile organic chemical atmospheric concentration measurement, Environ. Sci. Technol., 44, 2098-2104, 2010.
- Rowe, M.D., and Perlinger, J.A., Prediction of gas collection efficiency and particle collection artifact for atmospheric semivolatile organic compounds in multicapillary denuders, J. Chromatogr. A, 1217, 256-263, 2010.
- Rowe, M.D., and Perlinger, J.A., Gas-phase cleanup method for analysis of trace atmospheric semivolatile organic compounds by thermal desorption from diffusion denuders, J. Chromatogr. A, 216, 5940-5948, 2009.
- Rowe, M.D., Perlinger, J.A., and Urban, N.R., Modeling contaminant behavior in Lake Superior: A comparison of PCBs, PBDEs, and mercury, In: State of Lake Superior, M. Munawar, I.F. Munawar (Eds.), Ecovision World Monograph Series, Aquatic Ecosystem Health & Management Society, Burlington, Canada, 239-286, 2009.