Support for Instructors and Curriculum Committees
Jean DeClerck spends half time supporting instructors as an Instructional Design Specialist for the Jackson Center for Teaching and Learning and half time as an Assessment Specialist to support instructors and curriculum committees in assessment.
Jean is available to help instructors:
- Refine course learning goals and assessment methods and document these on course syllabi
- Analyze results and identify areas for improvement
- Develop and assign student work with clear expectations so that assessing student work provides useful evidence to support continuous improvement
Jean is available to help curriculum committees:
- Refine program learning goals and assessment methods, compile and analyze results, and create action plans
- Develop curriculum maps and discover opportunities for easily assessable student work
- Learn to efficiently assess student work and gather data by sampling, using rubrics, incorporating educational technologies, etc.
Jean also provides informal reviews of assessment reports before submission and will help you interpret Assessment Council feedback.