This award is presented to an alumnus/a who, through outstanding involvement and dedication, has made a significant contribution of volunteer leadership or service which has improved or enriched the lives of others and the welfare of humanity, and whose accomplishments reflect admirably on or bring honor to their Alma Mater.
2017 Award Recipients
- Sanna B. Roling, Class of 1967
- Nicholas H. Schreiner, Class of 2011
Anyone may nominate a Michigan Tech alumnus/a for the award which may be given out annually, as deemed appropriate by the Board of Directors. The deadline for nominations is December 1st.
Nominees will be evaluated on the following factors:
- Serves with distinction in a long term volunteer capacity
- Impacts upon the quality of life of others
- Demonstrates leadership and a creative ability to deal with human problems proactively
- Sets an example for others to follow with their actions and sacrifices
- Contributes in one or more of the following areas: health and human services, arts and culture, education, civic, or other areas.
If you have any questions about the nomination process, or would like to submit a nomination by mail, fax, or phone, please contact Alumni and Friends at 906-487-2400, toll-free at 1-877-688-2586, or email@example.com.
Past Award Recipients
|Sanna B. Roling||1967||Biological Sciences||2017|
|Nicholas H. Schreiner||2011||Environmental Engineering||2017|
|Dr. James and Janet Tanis||1957, 1958||Geological Engineering, Geophysical Engineering||2016|
|*Justin M. Fitch||2005||Business Administration||2015|
|Dr. Terry J. Woychowski||1978||Mechanical Engineering||2011|